Sunday, May 17, 2009

BALLAD OF JOHN AND YOKO VIDEO

I'm trying to do some changes to the blog and one of the changes is to have a video embedded on the blog. This being so, I figured which video to place. I mean, there are literelly thousands and thousands of videos out there. The easiest thing to do was to have one of what I was listening to at the moment. So "The Ballad of John and Yoko" became the one and I thought, I wonder if they have a video. And so they do. The great thing about this song is how John Lennon sings "You know how hard it can be." He sings "be" with four syllables. Check it out. The bass part is also great. One thing I might've said before is that the good thing about Yoko, if there is such a thing, is that she inspired John to create some great songs. And this is one of them.

The interesting thing about the song is that only John and Paul recorded it. George and Ringo were not involved. Another thing is that the song was banned in some radio stations in the U.S. because one of the lyrics says "Christ" and "crucify." One of the things I haven't noticed, which they have on Wikipedia is that Paul sings back up vocals but does not sing the "Christ" lyric. I'll have to check that out as well.

Anyway, enjoy the video and hopefully there will be more changes. Eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment