Sunday, February 1, 2009

THE LOST PODCAST


We did a podcast that I think of as The Lost Podcast. The podcast in question is about the Donna Summer song Love To Love You Baby. It's an interesting story about the beginnings of the disco era. Donna Summer is known as the Queen of Disco. She has expanded to other types of music and has sold an impressive 130 million records worldwide.

One of the more interesting facts I found out was that Donna testified at a murder trial she witnessed when she was a teen. She actually knew the person on trial. He was from the neighborhood. That must've been tough for her and her family because there is always the fear of retaliation from the guy's friends. Just think of it. What would you do in that situation? I don't know what I would've done. It would've been pretty easy for me to say that I couldn't see well cause I need a new set of glasses. I guess Donna did the right thing and it worked out for her. This was one of the reasons she left for Germany, where she hooked up with Giorgio Moroder and as they say, the rest is history.

Giorgio Moroder is an Italian record producer who has been a big part of Donna's career. Giorgio has gone on to win three Oscars, for Top Gun, Flashdance, and Midnight Express. When he produced the song for Donna, it was just a demo for someone else to sing. He then showed it to Neil Bogart from Casablanca. He liked it so much that he didn't want anyone else to sing it. They eventually released it.

We interviewed Cathy, a fan who has a Donna Summers tribute site. The raw interview had potential. The reason it is considered as the Lost Podcast is because I did not back up the file and it got lost. This won't happen again because I now have Carbonite? And it backs up everything quickly.

I haven't really contacted her to redo it because it's embarrassing. Maybe I'll ask someone else. The research and the questions are done already, so might as well. Every podcast, if done correctly, is a learning experience. And I am pretty sure that I've gotten something out of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment