Sunday, October 19, 2008

JEREMY BY PEARL JAM



Jeremy
is a fantastic song, is what Steele Shephard said during the interview we did for the Pearl Jam song. And I couldn't agree more. That was our next podcast and we interviewed a guy who has a website devoted to the song "Jeremy." He has two million hits on his site, which is pretty impressive if you ask me. One of the things that really struck me about the interview was that the song changed his life.

A lot of people probably don't know that the song is about a real person who shot himself in his classroom. His name was Jeremy Wade and he was only 15 years old. Eddie Vedder, from Pearl Jam, read about it in a newspaper and inspired him to write a song about it.

Steele found out that Jeremy attended the same high school he attended, which is Richardson High School in Texas and that inspired him to do his website. It's amazing to me what inspires people to do things.

This was Matt Grossbart's first interview. Matt was one of the ones I picked from the people who answered the Craigs List ad. He did rather well for a first timer. He said in his email that he worked for MTV and had experience interviewing people. So that caught my attention right away. He was also well spoken and had a decent voice. So he was in.

I suppose you gotta have a certain amount of faith in people once the interview has been scheduled. Neither Steele nor Matt knew me and as I've said earlier, I didn't even have a website. So it could've been very easy to blow me off. I've gotten to know Matt somewhat during this time that we started doing this and would not hesitate to have him interview a Grammy Award winning musician. And believe it or not, we've had two of them interested in doing the podcast. I'll blog about this eventually. This also leads me to believe we're on the right track with this venture.

If it goes as planned, we might even have the ultimate interview. Or at least one of the ultimate interviews. That would be interviewing Paul McCartney about Hey Jude from The Beatles. I'm sure that's a ways off but I know we can get him. Eventually. I'm sure we can already get Ringo. Just kidding. A little bit. I went to Ringo's concert a few months back with my brother in law, which was, by the way, pretty good. And I could see us back stage interviewing him, while having drinks...in my dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment